A mother, child and dog were rescued from a fire in a flat at Broadfield, Harlow on Tuesday 12 December.
Crews were called to the first floor flat at 15:19pm after reports that a front door was alight. On arrival, fire fighters said that a woman and her child were stuck in a back room, along with their pet dog.
The fire was extinguished by 3:35PM and fire fighters worked quickly to lead them all to safety.
The cause of the fire has been recorded as deliberate and the door and inside area of the door have suffered smoke and fire damage.
Those involved in the fire were left in care of the Ambulance Services.