Harlow house fire


FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in Harlow after reports of a fire

Upon arrival, crews reported that the first floor bedroom in Peterswood was smoke logged; the fire was extinguished by 9:10am. Firefighters then used Positive Pressure Ventilation (PPV) fans to clear the smoke from the bedroom.

A spokesman for the Fire Service said the cause of the fire was accidental, and it has been said that the fire was started after clothing caught alight when it was left on a light box, which consisted of spotlights in an MDF frame.

The Essex County Fire and Rescue Service is reminding people never to leave clothing on any type of light as it could easily catch fire.

The service also said that they wanted every home in Essex to have a working smoke alarm, and that they provide and fit smoke alarms free of charge.

To get a smoke alarm, either call: 0300 303 0088 or book online at: www.essex-fire.gov.uk/book

Posted in ,

Charlotte Young

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.